- Labeling boxes with different color markers or labels is a great way to help the movers know what room they will be going into at your new home.
- Pack a “open first” box with a change of clothes, toiletries, medications, and even something to keep the little ones occupied on the first night in, so you don’t need to go searching through boxes.
- Packing like items together can also make unpacking things easier on you.
- Make sure to keep important papers such as insurance policies, licenses and etc. together in a clearly labeled box for easy access if needed.
Make Moving a Fun Family Event!
- A great way to help children ease through a move is by getting them involved in packing.
- Give them special boxes for their special possessions such as their favorite teddy or the blankie they are so attached to.
- Have them label their own boxes with fun stickers.
- Search the internet for fun activities happening in the new area before moving to show the family the great new things they can do once they move in to the new home.
- Remember the 7 P’s: Prior Proper Planning Prevents Painfully Poor Performance!
- Pick a moving company you feel comfortable with, so you can focus on more important things and let them take care of all the details of your move.
- Pick a moving company you can trust so you can let them worry about the details instead!